PIAA District IV Girls XC Post-Season Info
The 2023 District IV Cross Country meet will be held at Bloomsburg University on Thursday, October 26, 2023. The meet site has been selected by the District Chairman and approved by the District Committee. The meet will be run on this day regardless of weather.
Cowanesque Valley HS
Office: (814) 367-2233
Cell: (814) 367-1045
Fax: (814) 367-5874
Race Day Information
On the day of the meet – all buses and vans will unload at the gate near the IM field after looping through the BLUE parking lot. Buses should not unload going down the hill, only after they have made the loop through the lot. Athletes and coaches will then be able to proceed through the gate to the course. Buses will then continue through the next intersection and bus parking will be located in the area designated on the map. Please give bus drivers a copy of the map so they have an idea of the traffic flow. Traffic/parking monitors will be stationed in these areas to assist.
Tents may be set up as staging areas for your teams - please remind your athletes to not set up "team camps" on any part of the course or in the starting area. Team camp area is outlined on the course map.
Restrooms will include the football stadium and porta-potties on site. NO STUDENTS / COACHES / SPECTATORS ARE PERMITTED INSIDE THE FIELD HOUSE DUE TO CLASSES / PRACTICES / GENERAL OPERATIONS - DO NOT SEND STUDENTS INSIDE THE FIELD HOUSE.
Race Day Schedule
Time schedule is as follows:
- 9:30 am - Class 1A Girls
- 10:15 am - Class 2A Girls
- 11:00 am - Class 1A Boys
- 11:45 am - Class 2A Boys
The course is located at the Upper Campus of Bloomsburg University. The start and finish of the race are across the street from Nelson Field House. (MAP INCLUDED)
TEAMS are NOT permitted to PRACTICE at Bloomsburg University.
* - Clerk of the Course, Mr. Bernie Empie, Head Coach, Bloomsburg University.
* - The Bloomsburg course is 5,000 meters.
* - The District IV Cross Country District Meet shall be conducted in accordance with the PIAA Rules and Regulations as published in the 2023 Handbook.
* - Ten runners may be entered in both the boys and girls meets / per school, only seven will run. Fewer than 5 may run as individual entries.
Registration will be done on-line via the Runner's High website, runhigh.com. INSTRUCTIONS ARE ATTACHED. Registration must be completed by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 22, 2023.
There will be a Coach's Meeting to give information about the course from clerk of the course and PIAA officials at 9:15 a.m. Coaches please pick up your chips and starting box information in the main tent when you arrive. Teams may walk the course starting at 8 am and must be off no later than 9:10 a.m.
District IV qualifiers to the state meet in Hershey are as follows:
- Class 1A Girls - two (2) team and ten (10) individuals
- Class 2A Girls – two (2) teams and ten (10) individuals
- Class 1A Boys – two (2) team and ten (10) individuals
- Class 2A Boys – two (2) teams and ten (10) individuals
The PIAA State Meet is scheduled for Saturday, November 5th, 2022 in Hershey.
The following awards will be presented after the completion of the last race:
1A Boys / Girls
- Plaque to the first place team
- Individual medals to the members of the first place team
- Individual medals for the 10 state qualifiers not on the first place team
2A Boys / Girls
- Plaque to the first place team
- Individual medals for the members of the first place and second place teams
- Individual medals for the 10 state qualifiers not on the first or second place teams
* - PIAA Eligibility forms should be completed on the PIAA website.
* - It is the responsibility of each school/coach to arrive early enough to allow athletes time to warm up. The time schedule will be strictly followed.
* - There will be NO JV competition at the District Meet.
* - District IV Apparel and Merchandise will be on sale in the main tent. Apparel can be pre-ordered on the PIAA District IV Website.
* - District IV and Bloomsburg University are not responsible for any lost or stolen items during the day of competition at Bloomsburg University.