The District IV Softball playoffs for the spring, 2023 season will use the same power ranking system as the fall and winter sport season, to determine the seeds for the respective tournaments. Athletic Directors will have to enter their complete schedules into the Gimp Software, then by 12:00 noon the following day, enter the results of each game into the system. We have enclosed a copy of the rules as developed by the District IV Committee for the post season.
Any questions that you may have regarding the tournaments or the rules/regulations can be directed to Curt Chilson at Muncy High School.
Games must be played by Saturday, May 20, 2023 to qualify for the play-offs during the 2023 District tournament. Play-offs will start the week of May 22, 2023. Please make sure all coaches are made aware of all rules and regulations.
Thank you for your help and support in this endeavor.
200 West Penn St.
Muncy, PA 17756
Home: (570) 329-1026
Office: (570) 546-3127, ext. 3630
Cell: (570) 971-3069
Fax: (570) 546-7688
Past Championship Brackets
District IV Softball Playoff Rules and Regulations
- There shall be six (6) classes of competition open to all member schools in good standing in the PIAA, based on the power ranking system. To qualify for the tournament, a minimum of 11 games must be played for the season through Saturday, May 20, 2023. All games played through the deadline will count toward seeding and qualifying for the playoffs.
- Only PIAA approved officials will be used as umpires in all games. The Officials' Representatives of the District IV Committee shall assign the umpires for all games. There will be two umpires for preliminary and quarterfinal games and four umpires for semi-final and final games. (District IV will pay for all officials.)
- The admission price to the semi-final and final games will be $6.00 per person plus service fees through Hometown Ticketing. There will be no charge for preliminary games. Preliminary and Quarterfinal round games will be played on the home field of the higher seeded team.
- The fields for the District Semi-Final and Championship games for softball shall be the Moser Complex in Watsontown and/or the Elm Park Complex in Williamsport.
- Game managers will be assigned to each game and have overall responsibility for the game. The Softball Chairperson of District IV will have complete charge of the championship games.
- The District Committee will be responsible for all finances in the softball tournaments.
- The seeding for the District IV softball tournaments will be done by the District IV power ranking system as adopted in August 2018 by the committee. The tiebreaker process is as listed in the District IV Power Rating information as approved by the District IV Committee. The lowest .500 team in each classification and all teams listed above that team in the power rankings will qualify for the district tournaments in each classification.
- If only one team in a classification qualifies with a .500 winning percentage, the 2nd ranked team in that classification will qualify for the Championship game in that classification regardless of record.
- The higher seeded team will always be the home team.
- Dates and Times for games will be determined by the number of teams qualifying in each classification.
- Balls used for softball championship games are Spalding-Thunder Heat and will be provided by District IV.
- In order to keep the loss of balls to a minimum, each school should bring two (2) ball chasers to the Semifinal and final games to help with the process.
- State playoff dates are June 5-16, 2023. Softball will be held at Nittany Lion Softball Park, Pennsylvania State University on Thursday & Friday, June 15-16, 2023.
- District IV softball will have:
- one A team
- two 2A teams
- two 3A teams
- one 4A team
- 5A/6A will be in Sub-Regional with District II
- District IV softball will have: